Sunday, January 29, 2012

Swoon ALong

A few months ago I started my Swoon quilt.  I am using Hometown fabrics by Sweetwater and I am in love with this line!  It is bright fun and cherry.  I kind of put my swoon quilt to the side when I started up on fall table runners - then Christmas hit and I haven't gotten back to Swooning just yet.

In an effort to feel motivated I started following the Swoon Quilt Along and viewing all the amazing and different swoon quilts in the flickr group.  If that doesn't motivate you to make a swoon quilt, not sure what will!  What I love most about this quilt along is that it is stress free.  Nothing to be done weekly - it can take you a month or a year to complete the quilt.  There is just pictures and tips galore to help you through your quilting journey.

Here is a quick look at my current blocks that are done.

Block #1

Block 1 is so far my favorite color combination - yet it was my very first block so as I went on realized some tricks etc.  So although it may be my favorite in color - the quality not so much. 

Block #2

Block #3


Block #4

Playing Together

Clearly I need to break away from the red and add in another color or two....

4 comments:

Heather D. said...

They look so great! I love Hometown for Swoon, as you know. ;-) Are you using some of the blue prints as well?

Debra said...

Your swoon blocks are gorgeous...

Katie said...

I really like your blocks, great job. I like the grey and yellow too, it's become one of my favourite combos!

Borderline Quilter said...

I love the red, it pulls everything together, you are a busy Mum with your beautiful boys and all, I'll bet quilting is a great stress buster!

Best Wishes
Kay in Scotland