Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My First Patriotic Quilt

I love patriotic quilts - LOVE THEM!  Yet, I had never made one for myself.  Last year my friend Ann and I decided to whip these up on our little retreat.  I have been wanting to get it quilted ever since but haven't had time.  I made a point to make sure it was done and bound before the 4th this year.  I wasn't going to let another holiday go by without my own patriotic quilt hanging up!

I used the Carpenter Star pattern (not positive which one) and used the Prairie Paisley II collection by Minnick and Simpson for Moda.  I loved this lines both times!


I quilted all 3 borders differently.  Not sure that was necessary as the big border was so busy you can barely see the quilting!  But I always love to practice my borders and get faster so it was good practice. I also got to use some new patterns I hadn't tried before which I love to do!


I loved this little paisley border for the mid scrappy border.


The middle part of the quilt was all done using the longarm pattern Haven.  


Here is a close up of the big border from the back.


I loved the backing fabric!  Paisley and flowers - great combo!


I love stars and this one is one of my favorites - hanging on my rack above my stairs right now!  So glad to have my own patriotic quilt done!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love the fabrics you used. Subtle patriotic feel so you can leave it out all year!

Darlene said...

Love it, Abby!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Your Patriotic Quilt is absolutely gorgeous. Carpenter Star/Wheel is one of my favorite designs and your fabric choices couldn't have been more perfect. Hugs...