Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine Chocolates

This is the first quilt I've ever made Mike - sad I know - I've been quilting for about 7 years and this is the first time he's gotten a quilt out of the deal.

 What is even sadder is this fabric is cheater fabric.  Meaning I bought it this way with the patchwork squares already sewn together.  Moda makes these sometimes (use to make them a lot more than I've seen lately) and usually out of 3 Sisters line - which its no secret I adore.
So this fabric was about 5 years old and I finally pulled it out to quilt and bind it.  I have loved this line so much.  The wovens are so soft and comfy.  I thought this would be the perfect quilt for our freezing basement!

The back I might love almost as much as the front - brown houndstooth - it is a heavier weight fabric and I love it.  The binding is by far my favorite fabric in the whole quilt.  Although the wovens are stretchy and pull apart easily - I'm glad I finally got this quilt off my to do list - and I actually surprised Mike with a quilt of his own.