Friday, January 18, 2013

My First 2013 Finish

This quilt top was completed in 2011.  I had thought I would have it ready for Christmas 2011, but it never happened.  So when we got the new quilting machine it was one of the first ones I wanted to get done.


Using a layer cake of Winter by Minick and Simpson and the disappearing nine patch pattern I whip up this top in now time!  The disappearing nine patch is a great pattern for a quick quilt.


I used a quilting pattern called Jingle Bells.  You can kind of see it in these pictures.  Its a simple loop and bell design - you can see in more detail here
.
 
This was one of the first quilts I completed - and the first that was flawless.  No issues - no heartache.  Got it on and off quickly without any issues. 
 

For the back I used this bright red polka dot - the red is a little different from the front, but I love the fun dot so it won me over.  And how cute does this look on the reverse side for Valentines? 


So happy to have one of the 10 quilts bound and done!  Hopefully I can get a few more done this month. 
 
Linking up to Finish up Fridays and Whoop Whoop

4 comments:

Darlene said...

It's really cute, Abby! Makes me smile. WTG!

Sara said...

very nice job! The red is wonderful.

Natasha said...

Beautiful first finish of this year! I love the pattern and the colors are great!

Sarah Craig said...

Wonderful finish!! I love D9Ps too - very useful pattern! Whoop whoop!!