Thursday, August 1, 2013

Schnibbles - Lincoln

I'm so excited to be able to submit a quilt for the Schnibbles parade that Sherri and Sinta put on!  Its a little bit of a cheater - since I actually had it done awhile back - but I finally got it quilted and bound this month! 

Each month I love the pattern chosen and swear I'm going to make one - and each month I watch the parade pass me by not having gotten anywhere close to starting the project yet finishing it - so I'm thrilled to be able to participate this month!



I saw this quilt awhile back - and knew I had to have my own fall version.  I love the blacks, oranges, and purples in this quilt. 

 
I have been working on a big quilt at that same time that is still in progress - after whipping this one out quickly I don't know what is taking me so long with the big one!  I got this one done in a few days.  Originally the star blocks were bright white - I tea dyed them so they wouldn't stand out so much.  I really like how it turned out.
 
 
I pulled the backing from my stash - which I love when I can do!  I got it on sale and have had it for YEARS!
 
I used Harvest Time to as the quilting pattern - and am so happy with how it turned out - and that its done!  And in time for the fall season.  I'm not always ahead of the game like this! 
 
I've just uploaded new patterns - so take a look at this post for all my longarm service details. 
 
Thanks Sherri and Sinta for hosting this month - SO EXCITED to see the big  reveal of the new pattern for August!!!!!
 
 
 


6 comments:

Gretchen said...

I love your version of Lincoln. It is fabulous in fall colors. Great work!

Judy said...

I love yourLincoln! Beautiful fabric!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Looks great--the quilting design is perfect!

Michele said...

Lovely fall colors :-) It looks so nice!

Nathalie said...

I used to participate in the Schnibble parade, but got too busy, but think every month that I will join back in. The small quilt I sent was in the parade at one point years ago. Love your Lincoln version. I saw it in the parade before I visited your blog today and was like "Hey, I just saw that quilt" LOL

Sinta Renee said...

I am so glad to see your Lincoln Schnibbles. I miss out a bit when your name starts with the first part of the alphabet! (being on Sherri's blog/parade) Your quilt is beautiful and the quilting is gorgeous!