Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Wren's Quilt

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I haven't done a WIP Wednesday in a long time!  But I have a few finished quilts to show off.  When my sister Whitney was trying to get Baby Wren's nursery all in order we decided she needed a quilt to hang above the crib.  Whit has tried to incorporate several colors into her nursery theme so we couldn't go wrong with the Moda Ruby line by Bonnie and Camille.


Having done a zig zag quilt  out of the Bliss line I was nervous this quilt would look exactly the same, but Whitney loves a good chevron quilt and wanted this design.  So I went for it.

I love how it turned out.  The colors are a little softer and more muted than Bliss and I love the addition of grey into the mix.

The back is a cute polka dot looking pink, which is perfect.  And I got a GREAT deal on it from the Fat Quarter shop.

Look at this darling little girl.  Hope she loves her new quilt!  Its my 400th post - how fitting that its around two of my favorite things - finished quilts and Baby Wren!

9 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh goodness!!! sweet quilt for a sweet little girl....both are adorable!!! There is nothing fresher than soft colour on a white background.

Happy Turtle said...

Sure she will! It's beautiful! :)
Carol

Kim said...

Nicely done, very soft looking for a sweet baby girl.

Happy Sewing

Travelin'Oma said...

She is a baby doll!

Amy said...

Beautiful! Baby and quilt!

Polly said...

she is lucky to have an aunt who adores her and will make lovely quilts for her.

Polly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whit said...

I lalalalove my quilt!! Thanks so much for everything! You're the best!!

Anonymous said...

The quilt turned out just great!