Thursday, December 27, 2012

Layer Cake Quick Quilt

My sister needed a Christmas quilt for a very special gift.  She wanted something simple and scrappy.  She loved the fabric line she bought, so instead of going with regular old squares - I found this tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Co (if you haven't found their youtube channel find it!  They have the best tutorials)

Using that tutorial - this was born.


The line is called Dear Mr Claus by Cosmo Crickets for Moda.  


The line has kind of an old fashion retro feel to it.  


The quilt pattern used is call Glacee  by Beany Girl Quilts - so far this is my most requested quilt pattern.  I love how it looks - I've done it on 2 of my own quilts!


The backing was a minky with lines down it - so it makes it harder to see the snowflakes - but I have to say I again, think I love the back even more than the front!  Turned out so good.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this quilt! Great job!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today & leaving a comment!

Happy New Year!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

That is beautiful ! Thanks for the link to the tutorial!