Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crazy Little Thing Called Love



















On my list of January projects was this little quilt.  I am happy to say I got it done.  Sewing, quilted, and bound!  I am happy with how it turned out.  Spending the extra time on the quilting was fun.  I was trying so hard to get my projects finished I almost did an all over design.  Going the more custom route took some time, but gave me some practice I needed.  I tried a few things I hadn't done before and I'm happy with the results!



















I tried this heart border out, which I had to turn the quilt - something I hadn't done a lot of.  It worked very well.



















A back view of the quilt shows some of the definition in the hearts.  My only regret with this quilt was not going for the larger size.  I should have it it wouldn't have taken that much more time.  I'm glad it got completed either way!  This was a fun quilt to sew and to quilt!

No comments: