Friday, February 8, 2013

Simplicity Quilt Finish

I have got to find a better time to take my pictures.  These were taken at about 2am - so the lighting isn't great.  But I had to show another finished quilt! 
 
This quilt was the presewn fabric squares from the 3 Sisters line Simplicity.  I liked the fabric because it had some of the eyelet pieces in the squares.  I added the green pintuck fabric for a stop border and the pink polka dot for the big border.  I love that polka dot.  LOVE.
 

Once I got the quilt sewn together, I was kind of out of love with it.  The presewn fabric is hard to get looking square and then I added the pintuck which stretches.  I just felt like it was thrown together and didn't love the way it looked.....until I quilted it. 
 

I fell back in love.  Amazing what a little quilting can to to spruce up a quilt.  I used the 30's Flower quilt pattern in the middle, loops in the stop border, and a fancy feather in the big border.  I love how it turned out! 

The binding was a green and pink stripe from an older 3 Sisters line and matched perfectly.  Now I just need to have a little girl to give this quilt to!  JK - that ain't going to happen!

***Reminder -  still time to enter the giveaway here.  I'm giving away this table runner - giveaway closes Sunday night!


Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts - Friday Finishes


6 comments:

a maidenhair fern said...

beautiful quilting. I love the colors in your table runner. nice finishes.

my Haven said...

Greetings from Sweden!

Just want to let you know that your work is beautiful!

Have a great weekend!

Darlene said...

Oh, that's an adorable quilt, Abby. The quilting is charming.

Wendy said...

The quilting is amazing and such a sweet quilt.

Melia Mae Quilting said...

Gorgeous! I just love the flower pattern in the middle!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Quilting is lovely! Quilting does add so much to an already lovely quilt!