Sunday, January 27, 2013

Heart Quilt

I've been out of town on business all week and my bags were packed full of quilts!
 
 
I got a few quilts done - and my first one was this heart quilt!  I wanted to make sure it got done before Valentines Day. 

 
I love the bright reds and bright white in this quilt - I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

 
I used this flannel plaid for the back - its much prettier in person and I've been saving it for a few years for the perfect quilt.  Had just enough for this wall hanging so it must be meant to be.
 
Details about the quilt
Pattern found here
Quilting by me
Fabric - Moda (not sure the name of the line)
 
 

4 comments:

Melia Mae Quilting said...

Gorgeous! Just in time for the next holiday season!

Darlene said...

It's very sweet, Abby. Love the flannel backing.

OPQuilt said...

So, do you pack your machine, too? I'm hoping that your business picked up the tab for the extra suitcases. When we used to go to Europe, I always packed a second (empty) bag to bring back treasures. I have fabrics from France, from Italy, from China. But now that it costs 50 bucks, I only buy small treasures that can fit into the suitcase.

Imaginary Circus said...

This was greeat to read