Friday, January 27, 2012

Going Coastal - a Love Story

I had seen the Going Coastal line before - but I was browsing blogs the other night when I saw this pattern here which lead me to the designers blog here  and to this pattern.


I love these colors - the Going Coastal pieces - I HAVE to make this quilt.  So I set out looking for some of the fabrics.  Hit a local quilt store that has most the line but no plaid, which in my opinion is the best part.  But they did have these cute little 17 piece charm packs they had cut out of the line.  Which I bought 3 off.
That night I quickly found several pieces from the Going Coastal line online and submitted my order - but what do to that night (this is last Friday) to get my fix.  And let me tell you - it was a serious fix.


So I started this - and got the front minus the border done on Friday night...ok Saturday morning round 2am.  (Mike...fabric bought on Friday and used in the same day - new record).

On Saturday it was raining here - what better way to use a rainy day then to finish up a quilt, right?  So I got Sammy down for a nap - and Mike was laying with Jake.  Jake didn't want to take a nap, but Mike did. So Jake and I went downstairs to quilt.  As soon as Mike was asleep we snuck out to find a red stop border for the quilt.  We are sneaky - no one ever knew we had left the house....

On Monday I received the plaid in the mail.  The perfect plaid - 5 yards of this plaid.  I have to make sure I don't run out anytime soon.

Tuesday I quickly turned the quilt into this....

 I LOVE this plaid!  I even got the back sewn together (its the cute bottle cap print) and have it on the quilting machine - which is where it has been since TUESDAY!  No time to sew this week.  So this long story short - this will be my Friday finish as I am going to get it quilted today....or maybe early Saturday morning like 2amish....

I'm still jonesing to make the Jack's Block quilt - so I think I'll buy the pattern since I have all the fabric now!

Linking up again this week to Whoop Whoop and Finish it up Friday

11 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just love this - crisp, fresh, fun - I haven't gotten any of the Coastal yet, loved it when I saw at Market.

Pattilou said...

I too love the line! And the plaid for the border is super! Fun, fun quilt.

Diane said...

Great quilt! Looks wonderful fresh and fun!

Jo said...

You're right. The plaid is a MUST. LOVE it.

Melanie said...

I love this line! So far I have resisted, but I don't know if I can hold out much longer. Love your quilt, it's perfect! Have fun quilting it tonight!

Anonymous said...

This line never really talked to me, now it is yelling!

Great job! And that may be a world record of purchase:use!
Whoop Whoop!

Sue Daurio said...

Oh that is a sweet line. I'm suppose to be on a fabric diet, but I keep seeing all these goodies. I LOVE the plaid with this. Great job.

KatieQ said...

I love it. It feels so summery. It's like a little taste of the beach.

Little Texas Cuties Boutique said...

I love the Going Coastal fabrics. Your quilt looks awesome!!!

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful quilt! I love that fabric line - can't wait to get some for myself! And I'm so glad you linked up with us - Whoop whoop!!!

Anonymous said...

Те же, который перфекционизмом не страдает, подходят к самооценке сообразно методу кота Матроскина: да, мол, я вот тогда не силен, "только зато я вышивать умею и для швейной машинке тоже могу…"И адекватность "оценки себя самого самим собой" – не в книга, чтобы ринуться знать все, а в том, дабы объективно оценивать себя в каждой области. Конечно, где это дозволено измерить цифрами alias какими-то еще конкретными показателями – там это будет объективнее. Однако есть такие области, где подобную "оценку самому себе" поставить непроходимо сложно. [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-dachnom-stroitelstve.html]строительный портал 1[/url]