Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Baseball Scraps

Earlier this year I made a couple of turning twenty baseball quilts - seen here and here - in an attempt to clear out my scraps I used the last few pieces to make this baby quilt. 
 
 
I love the fun baseball prints and plaids thrown in. 
 

I even used scraps I had for the back - 3 big pieces.  and bound the quilt in a chambray color for the binding.  The great all American quilt!  I finally got it bound on my business trip a few weeks ago.

 
I've also been quilting for a few new clients.  This quilt was civil war prints.  Her friend she is gifting it to loves to sew, so she picked the spools of thread pattern.
 

She had a minky back
 I.LOVE.HOW.QUILTING.LOOKS.ON.MINKY 
Isn't this a fun pattern? 


I'm currently working on a custom quilt and I'm really enjoying the process.  I'll be back soon with some pictures to share.
 

3 comments:

Allison said...

your baseball scraps make a great baby quilt - I just love making a whole quilt from scraps :) Oh my! the spools quilting pattern is fantastic!

Beth said...

Some really nice projects! Love to use my scraps too!

Melia Mae Quilting said...

Very cute. How do you load the minky on your machine. Do you have issues with it stretching at all?