Sunday, January 8, 2012

Quilts for 2011

I look back at my completed list for 2011 and I'm so excited I got so many things done!  I think 2011 was the year of the table runner.  I really got into runners.




I have to say fall brought in the most runners for me this year - I went crazy for pinwheels!





I went through a swoon phase - and made a fall swoon table topper, a baby swoon quilt, and am 2/3rds of the way through my big Hometown Swoon quilt.  My goal is to finish up my swoon quilt by March.

I made a few baby quilts that are some of my all time favorites.


And the zig zag....


I made several larger quilts that have yet to be quilted.  So I haven't add them to my completed list yet.  My quilting goals for 2012 will be a little different from last year.  Instead of giving myself deadlines, as I don't seem to follow through with that due to life... I'm telling myself once a quilt is finished, it gets quilted and binding added to it all at the same time - before starting something new.  At least this way the quilts won't continue to pile up in my closet waiting to be completed.  The other goal is to quilt at least 1 a month that is hanging up staring me down every time I walk into the room.  My goal this year is to focus more on quilts I want to make for me - and less on quilting for others - and quilts for the etsy shop.  I don't want to give that up - but it seems whenever a holiday rolls around I start projects for my etsy shop and then I have nothing new for me.  I'm going to do it the other way around this year - make a project for myself first - then move onto the shop.  I've been wanting a 4th of July quilt of my own for years now - I think this is the year!  I also want to complete a few UFO's I have laying around.  Swoon, Route 44, Grace Star quilt and a few My 3 Stars quilts I have in mind.  

I'm excited for all the projects I have waiting for me - and most of all trying to use up a lot of my stash this year! 

No comments: