Tuesday, October 15, 2013

High Street Baby Quilt


I have fallen in love with the High Street line by Moda.  I love the bright colors and the prints are beautiful.  While debating what to make out of this line I picked up a charm pack and thought it would make a great baby quilt.  Within a few days - I had a shower so perfect opportunity to use up the charm pack.  



I did a baby patchwork using the whole pack  - added a bright orange border and the grey floral which is my favorite print and we had ourselves a baby quilt in a night!


I recently bought a new pattern Orange Peel that I haven't even downloaded yet to the right format to display on my board yet - but I am loving this design!  


I am trying to decide what color is my favorite - but they all just work so well together!



The backing I used my leftover border piece and a green gingham.  Love how this Orange Peel design looks on the back!  Added some orange binding and rolled this baby up for the shower.  

This was the perfect quick project and great gift idea when you have minimal time!  

I have now bought fat quarters and am getting ready to cut out On a Whim by Thimble Blossoms for my next project out of High Streets.  

Can't wait to get going on that one!


4 comments:

Thelma said...

Naturally I'm loving your baby quilt! I'm also loving that orange peel quilting design! I've not seen that before, I"ll be keeping that one in mind!

Carol said...

Your baby quilt is as cute as it can be!

Melia Mae Quilting said...

Where did you get your orange peel pattern from?

Wendy said...

I would fall in love with High Street too, beautiful! Totally cute for a baby. Stopping by from WIP Wednesday.