Friday, May 24, 2013

Patchwork Chevron

Life has been busy - work is busy, quilting a lot, kids are always busy.  I sometimes feel like I don't have a minute to veg anymore.  BUT this week at work we had meetings which I should have traveled to, but Jake had a program that I wasn't going to miss - so instead of traveling to the meetings, I've been sitting on conference call/webex meetings for 10 hours every day this week!  I decided I needed something mindless to do during the calls so I would stay involved and pay attention - and isn't binding perfect for that? 
 
So I 've been binding up a storm and have a few finishes to show in the next week.  As I said the week has been busy - so pictures aren't great. 
 
I picked this quilt to show first because it is one of my favorites and I'm so glad to call it done! 
I finished the top last year when my friend Ann and I did our sewing retreat.  We both made one.  It is a quick quilt to put together.  I think the results are bold and fun!  I have seen this quilt done in varies lines and looks - and want to copy each and everyone I see! 

 
I quilted this in my early stages of the new machine - and loved the look of the quilting on the solid grey French General fabric. 

 
Quilting Stats:
Quilt Pattern - Patchwork Chevron from Moda Bake Shop
Fabric Line - Moda French General Rouenneries Deux
Longarm Quilting Pattern - Flights of Fancy
 
Love this quilt and so glad to have it done! 
 
 

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Abby, that quilt is adorable! One to add to my long list. LOL

Anonymous said...

The quilting is fantastic, the top is pretty spectacular too.

ipatchandquilt said...

Congratulations on this beauty!

Esther
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

Sarah Craig said...

Abby, I love this quilt pattern - and yours is so beautiful! Whoop whoop!!

Kymberly said...

Very beautiful. Whoop! whoop!

Ida said...

Oooh! I want to do one of those too. And your reds are Fabulous!! Great job.

Jenniffier said...

Beautiful quilt. Congrats on the finish.