Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Jake's Baby Quilt


So I started this quilt when I was pregnant with Jake.  Brown and blue was all the rage and this was going to be his baby quilt. 

I used all the brown and blue plaids from the Chocolate line by 3 Sisters for Moda.  They had the BEST wovens in this line!  The border was their brushed cotton and so soft!  I used the Yellow Brick Road pattern by Atkinson Designs because - well that was my go to pattern back then and is still a great one! 
 
So the quilt had been sewn and sitting in the closet for years - 5 of them to be exact.  When I first got my new machine I decided I needed to venture out from edge to edge and try some borders - so I used this one as my practice quilt.  I liked all the swirl results! 
 
Used Denali for the center and Romance Feather in the border. 

 
I used the Mode Home blue/brown polka dot for the backing. 

Glad to have this quilt done and off my to do list.  Finally got it bound on our very long road trip to Tahoe over Thanksgiving. 
 
This never made it to Jake to be his baby quilt - but its the thought - right?

No comments: