Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wheels



The binding is FINALLY finished.  Last week we took a little trip to Florida (it was SO hot), and I took a few quilts with me to bind so I could feel productive.  I have had this quilt completed for a month or so now and just need to get going on the binding.  I am so glad I finished it.  Both the boys love this quilt.  I was originally going to sell it, but Jake keeps telling me how much he loves his "nice and cuddly car quilt".  So I guess he gets to keep it.

I used this tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew and I love how quick and easy, yet cute this quilt is.  I think it might be my new go to baby quilt gift pattern.  I have some old fish fabric that I love that I think could look cute in this pattern. 

I have to say the backing fabric could be a quilt all on its own!  Love the big cars. (Excuse the wrinkles it was packed in a suitcase for a day or so).


I had bought a new gadget for my quilt machine which locks the wheels for straight line quilting.  I decided to give them a try on this quilt.  I didn't measure the lines at all, just added a few to each row.  I really like how it turned out, although next time I will measure to even things out.  It sure made straight line quilting a dream though!


All in all I'm loving this quilt.  Cute, fun, easy to put together.  It was a good size without being overly expense to buy fabric for.  I think its also a great pattern for pulling from my stash too.  Would more could a quilter ask for?

4 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

This is so cute! I'm hoping you have some table runners at the boutique. You do awesome work!

Kelly said...

I LOVE it!

marta said...

oh my goodness. this one is so cute. am glad your boys get to cuddle up with it. seriously darling colors and fabrics.

Lisa said...

I just love your blog (I've been following it for a while now). I've got a question. I'm a new quilter (actually, I was inspired to start quilting by YOU - you can see my two quilts on my blog). The only sort of quilting I can do on my quilts are straight lines. How do I get all the fancy looking swirly quilting, that always looks identical from block to block? Do it all painstakingly by hand?