Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pirate Quilts


I saw this fabric Skulls by Emily Taylor for Riley Blake Designs and fell in love.  I actually bought it in multiple color ways because I couldn't pick my favorite.  Jake too has fallen head over heels in love.  Asks me daily if I've gotten all the pirate quilts done yet.  I've decided to make one for him and one for Sam.  This one will be sold on my Etsy store and I think I like the blue and red and black and red colors for Jake and Sam.

This was a fun diversion from all the fall and star mania that has been going on in my sewing room the last few weeks.  I used minky to back it in which makes this quilt so soft and perfect to wrap those little ones in.

This line of fabric has turned my head just like the All Star fabric did a few years ago.  Where I feel the need to buy bolts and bolts of it.  So far I have resisted the temptation - after I get the other two quilts completed, I might have to give in and buy some more.  Isn't this fabric perfect fabric to give for little boy gifts!  So tempting to buy more!

No comments: