Monday, October 31, 2011

Baby Boy Swoon Quilt


I knew when we were in Hawaii - I would spend a lot more time than I actually wanted to in our room.  That is what happens with a almost 2 year old.  So I took a few quilt projects with me.  We hit Costco up and I bought a sewing machine.  I used it for 12 days - taking very good care of it - and returned it on day 12....it wasy the only way I could think of to stay sane without having to lug my sewing machine all the way to Hawaii.  It worked like a charm.  I got several projects done.  One being this cute little quilt.


I was throwing a shower shortly after returning home - so my goal was to get the swoon block done in Hawaii - which I accomplished.  Came home, threw a big white border on it, quilted it, and had it bound with about 12 hours to spare.  This quilt turned out better than I had hoped.  I was a little nervous with the smaller square sized quilt as the gift - but love the end result. 

I used Sweetwater's Hometown line which I am loving right now.  The blues and greys are perfect for any little boy.  This was a very clean very, classy look, which is exactly what I think of when I think of Eliza who is about to have baby #1!  I loved the back polka dot almost as much as the front. 


I'm glad it matches her nursery so well.  If you haven't gotten the Swoon pattern yet - run out and do it!  I'm still working on my big size swoon out of Hometown, but have had fun making a baby size and a fall table runner using just one block.  Its a great pattern.

Thanks Eliza for sending me the pics!  Can't wait to meet T3!

3 comments:

Heather D. said...

I love Swoon, just finishing my own up, also in Hometown, though queen sized! This little quilt is amazing and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you bought and returned a sewing machine in HAwaii. Awesome.

al + sar said...

Love this quilt. Soo cute and it fits Eliza perfectly! You are so talented!

marta said...

i loved this quilt and seeing it the nursery looks meant to be! love that you got a two minute sewing machine. hilarious.