Friday, July 6, 2012

Secret Garden Wedding Quilt

I had bought some Secret Garden fabric by Sandi Henderson and wasn't sure exactly what I should make with it.  I wanted something that showcased the fabrics well and let some of the big floral prints stay big.  

I then remembered the pattern Skipping Stones by Cluck Cluck Sew and a match in heaven was made - just like the cute couple I gave the quilt to.  


My cousin Kerry was getting married - and for some reason I felt like these fabrics would fit her.  I hope she feels the same.

She was nice enough to snap these photos for me, cause in my hurry to get it bound for the wedding I forgot to take pictures.  I got it bound literally minutes before leaving for the reception.

I really enjoyed this pattern.  It has about 4 or so different blocks and I liked that I could cut it up one night, and sew together a set of blocks quickly each night when I had the time.  The quilt itself went together rather quickly.

This fabric line is one of my favorites.  Love how the bright coral colors pop.  I'll have to find something to make myself now!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love your wedding quilt! It's very similar to one I just completed :)
Just found your blog...I'm thinking that I'm going to love your Menu Mondays. I don't mind the cooking, just hate the planning ;-)