Thursday, January 23, 2014

First Finish of 2014

I love this new Country Girls line from Tasha Noel for Riley Blake.  The green and navy in this line just kill me!  I bought a few fat quarter bundles - and they flew out the door like hot cakes!  So I bought some more - and again - out the door.  I now have 2 bundles left (go here if you're interested) but I HAD to make something out of this line.

I wanted a little project I could actually finish - from start to finish (ok I haven't bound it yet - but hopefully that will be done by this weekend).  So I threw together this little baby quilt.  

I bought a few bolts of the yardage - the blue main print with all the cute little girls and trees, barns and picnic scenes.  Some white with blueberries  and the green w/navy flowers (which might be my favorite!) I also got a bolt of the navy small gingham which I'm also going to bind it in.  I think I want to make this same quilt again - a tiny bit bigger and do the gingham on the bias and see if I like that.  I did some fun but simple quilting.  Crosshatch through the center, stitch in the ditch around the small gingham borders, some leaves and flowers in the bigger borders.  I was so happy with how it turned out!  I just can't get enough of this line!  

For the back I used the cheater patchwork fabric which I LOVE (Have you seen the cute pillow on instagram out of this fabric?) but I used FLANNEL!  Perfect for something super soft for a cute little babe.  
The only question left is - what should I make next?  I'm not a fussy cut kind of girl - but I'm thinking this fabric needs that!  I have a few charm packs too, so wondering what I could do with those.  Some kind of stripe/patchwork quilt....ummmmmm...I lay awake at night trying to think of these things!  Let me know if you have any ideas of me!

I've been mulling over kitting this little quilt up - let me know if you'd be interested in one if I get ambitious this weekend!


1 comment:

Deb said...

You've inspired me to go make some HST's. NOW! Cleaning windows and other chores can wait, right? :)
~Deb in Florida