Friday, September 14, 2012

Its Officially Fall

Here in these parts, its getting a little crisper in the air at night, the days aren't quite as hot, school is in full swing, and I've brought out the fall decor.

I always try to get quilts finished up before the season starts so that I have some new decorations for the house.  But most the time, I can't pull it off and find myself whipping up fall quilts during fall, Christmas quilts during Christmas....I just can't stay one step ahead of the game!

Last year I went on a BIG fall bender of quilt making.  Pulled out my fall bin of fabrics and decided I was going to clean out the bin by making quilts and/or runners.  In case you want to be reminded go here, here, here, here, here,  or here.  All small runners or table toppers.  I also finished off another at the beginning of the year here.  The fall pinwheel runner is still one of my favorites today!

Sadly - I have a few more runners/quilts I made last year but never finished.  I've spent the last few weeks quilting and binding a few unfinished projects.  My goal for the end of the year is to have every quilt that is currently quilted - bound and complete.


I made a version of this same quilt last year, but this one I added an extra border to make it larger for a table topper or small baby quilt.


I'm a sucker for anything plaid, stars, and fall - so this was a perfect combo in my book.


The back fabric - LOVE THIS PLAID - and this picture doesn't do it justice.  

Nice to get another quilt off my floor and off my to do list!

No comments: