Thursday, October 31, 2013

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Throw Quilt - Sentiments

Its time for Amy's Bloggers Quilt Festival - I love looking through all the inspiration of everyone who submits a quilt!  I wanted to get in on the fun!

We had a family friends mother pass away a few weeks ago and my mom and her friends wanted to give her something special at this hard time in her life.  Only fitting for that gift to be a quilt.


I pulled out a layer cake of Sentiments by 3 Sisters for Moda and I just bought some of this cute paisley border a few weeks ago. 

I'm a sucker for 3 Sisters and LOVE red/green/cream anything together.  I didn't love this line when it first came out - but every quilt I see made from it I really love.  I really love this paisley border!


I used Missouri Quilt Star tutorial Double Slice one of my new to me favorite quilt patterns. Great way to use up a layer cake - and perfect pattern if you need a quick gift.  I had this cute and sewn together in about 4 hours.  


Used a solid green backing and Drops of Paisley for the quilt pattern.  I loved the backing so much too!

It is always so much fun to make a quilt for a gift when you know they will appreciate the quilt.  Pat cried when my mom took it to her.  Glad I could help be involved with such a meaningful gift!





4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful quilt, I love the quilting!

Anonymous said...

Love this one!

Lonci said...

This quilt is so beautiful:)))

CitricSugar said...

Beautiful ! May it be of much comfort to your friend. :-)