Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Martinique Pin Cushion

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Currently in Progess -
Swoon
Route 44
Nottingham Star
- Lincoln
- ISTH - Schnibbles

I've been quilting up a storm this week, so didn't get to my current projects - except for I did make my first block for my Schnibbles quilt.  I hope to have this quilt top completed before Sunday - so I've got a lot to do with this pattern this week!

After I had the Schnibbles all cut out - I had a few scraps left.  In my effort to use up all my scraps I made this last week.


A little pin cushion with only the aqua color from the Martinique charm packs I'm using.  At first I was thinking I needed to add in some color - but I didn't, and love the results.  Its about 4 x 3 inches.  Cute and little.  I put batting on the back side of the front and quilted it before sewing it together.  It is filled with a mixture of crushed walnut shells and pillow stuffing (is that what it's call?)

At least I finished something this week other than client quilts!







1 comment:

Taryn V. said...

That block is so pretty! I love the colors you used in these projects, they are so calming!