Friday, June 14, 2013

Another Finish

I've decided I'm HORRIBLE at naming quilts - I have not idea what to name them.  I'm not creative at all in this department.


I have absolutely zero memory of sewing these blocks together.  No idea if it was 2 years ago or 5 years ago.  I vaguely remember cutting out the little border of 4 inch blocks that should be surround this quilt - but opted not to add them here.  

I've had this quilt top hanging in the close waiting to be quilted for a few years now.  I wanted to give Jake's teachers a nice "thank you" gift for such a great year.  I decided on a quilt about 2 days before his last day....yea I'm a procrastinator.  So I pulled this one out, added a border and quilted it up.  I think it turned out nicely.


I used the Surf pattern which is quickly becoming a favorite of mine!  I have no idea what line this is.  Maybe something by Anna Griffin?  But that's a total guess.  


Backing was a light pink on pink floral which I used for the border and binding also.

This is a Lakehouse pattern and is a great one.  Perfect size for a baby quilt or throw.  

I was glad to get this one completed and Jake was so excited to give it to his teacher.  Always fun to do something different and special for someone.  Especially when they have loved and cared for my kid!  

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts and Whoop Whoop!


4 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Great gift...it must have "aged" well until you got back to finish it LOL

ipatchandquilt said...

Congratulations on your finish! The teacher will be ery touched!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Sarah Craig said...

Good for you, Abby! Knocking out an old UFO and making a great teacher gift all at the same time! Whoop whoop!!

Loves to Quilt said...

Dear Abby, thanks so much for finding my blog. You made me smile with your nice comments. I don't know how you found me BUT I AM HAPPY THAT YOU DID!!