Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Baby Mullin Plaid Zig Zag

I saw this cute quilt a few weeks ago in Freshly Pieced link party.  I had a shower to throw and needed a cute quilt I could make fairly quickly. 
(its was getting dark so not great pictures, but I had to hurry before I wrapped it up)
 
 
I pulled out some red, white, and blue flannel plaid fat quarters and set off to work.  Within a few days I had the zig zag done.  Trust me when I say - pay attention to placement as I just started sewing and have lots off extras cause it does matter which side the fabric laid towards. 
 
The good thing is I have TONS of half square triangles from the sides I cute off and have another quilts in the works.  I love a good twofer!

 
I used a zig zag pattern and placed the lines where I wanted - not totally straight, but couldn't tell too much once it was all said and done. 

 
I used plaid flannel for the back and a red plaid on the bias for binding. 

 
I really love how it turned out - and I think Kristen did too!  We had a great time at her shower and I can't wait to meet her little new one in September!
 

1 comment:

hydeeannsews said...

Fun and quick, Abby! Brave of you to do it with flannels. Bet it made it all the cozier. :) And getting a two-fer is quite a bonus!