Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fall Star Mania


On Sunday Mike wanted to watch football all day -- literally ALL DAY -- so we spent a good amount of time downstairs and I quilted and quilted.  I got 5 or so table runners quilted!  A few bound - and lots to share this week.


I'm on a fall kick with fabrics - and a star kick with patterns.  This is a Country Threads pattern called Glory Star which is a pattern for  a baby quilt.  I didn't add as many orders to this one to make it a table topper.  My favorite part is the scrappy binding.


I have to say working with woven type fabrics is harder than I remembered.  They sure stretch and pull a lot!  But I think this turned out cute - so cute I made another one and added a little border on it.  Just need to bind it.

Every weekend I say - this is my last weekend of fall runners - yet ideas just keep coming.  I have a cute pinwheel one on my quilting machine right now.  Hope to get that one done tonight!  I'll be using the scrappy binding again.

Two of my favorite things - stars and fall - couldn't be more fun to sew!

No comments: