Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mama Said Sew Jelly Roll Race Quilt

I've got another finish!  One night I decided I need to sew something.  And I didn't want to sit down and sew - I wanted to sit down and finish something! 
 
I've been loving this line Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater and have a lot of it laying around.  So I searched the internet and found this tutorial for the Jelly Roll Race from Missouri Star Quilting. 
 
 
They aren't joking when she says it is fast! I got this quilt done in about 2 - 2 1/2 hours!  I wanted to make it a little larger, so I added some borders. 

 
Black borders sandwiched a zig zag print and then added the black gingham binding!  The back was the print with all the words and printed quilt blocks!  I love this quilt and this will be used in our house. 

 
I used the hatch longarm pattern to quilt it up. 
 
So glad to have another finish done!!!  If you need a quick and easy quilt this pattern is your new best friend.
 
linking up to WIP Wednesdays

1 comment:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Wonderful little quilt....I am yet to try one of those....have to do that!!