Friday, February 17, 2012

Pirates Ahoy!

I bought this fabric in the summer - its a pirate line by Riley Blake.  I saw it and thought how cute it would be for my boys - but couldn't decide on a color way.  So I bought enough to make 3 strip quilts in all 3 color ways.  
 I got this one one in September - and had the blue version and black version ironed and waiting to be completed right along side it.  Funny how time gets away from you.  So the other night it was about 2am - I had completed the Robot quilt and was getting ready to cut the strip quilt out.  Mike wandered down the stairs and scared me to death cause I didn't hear him coming.  Asked me if I was ever coming to bed.  I said, I'm just going to cut the strips, then I'll come up.
 After I cut the strips, I started sewing - and finished the quilt top and made the binding before I went upstairs.  I mean - it was 2am - as soon as he hit the pillow he was snoring again, so I might as well finish the project right?  So glad I did!
I love a good strip quilt - fun fabrics that are showcased, a quick project for my little Sammy's Vday present and I finally got another project off my to do list - now just need to finish the black one up.

I put some cream minky dot on the back so its super soft.  I think it makes the perfect addition to our quilt collection - and although I HATE to admit this, its Sammy's first official quilt.  I can't believe the little man is 2 and this is the first quilt I've made specifically for him.  He's a little attached to his aden and anais blankets.  If you haven't given these blankets a try you're really missing out.  They are so soft and light - Sammy usually carries about 3 at all times and can't leave the house without his blankie...so it doesn't really matter that I made him a quilt just yet as those will always win out.  But its a fun quilt to have for movie night.

Glad I got it done - Happy Valentine's Day Sammy!

Linking up again this week to Whoop Whoop and Finish it up Friday

4 comments:

Dblbogi said...

You've been busy. When are you guys going to come out here to PA to visit???

James

Deborah said...

Love your quilt and the fabric! I have a little grandson so I'm aways on the lookout for "boy" fabric!

Sarah Craig said...

Such a cute little quilt! And the best things are worth waiting for... whoop whoop!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love it!! Great fabrics!!