Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Peace on Earth 9 Patch - Christmas Quilt Project

A few weeks back (2) I decided to make a few quilts for people for Christmas.  MADNESS I know.  This was a quilt top I had made a few months ago - trying out the disappearing 9 patch using layer cakes.  I tried it once before and loved the outcome so I had wanted to make another one.


I love this fabric and had bought of ton of it when it was out a year or two ago.  This line fit perfectly with whom I had in mind - so I added the textured border and quilted this baby up.  It is my first of hopefully 7 quilts to be completed in just 5 short days....



My goal for these quilts is to use kits I have - but still holding true to the people receiving the quilt.  I want these to fit the personality and decor.  I think this one will go great in the family room of the person I have in mind.  Hope they like it - this fabric line was one of my favorites.

I was even able to pull the backing fabric from my stash - and from the same line.


I used a green and brown polka dot fabric as the binding to pull it all together.  Love how it turned out.  The textured border may just be my favorite part.  Hope they enjoy!

No comments: