Thursday, June 28, 2012

July 4th Table Runner

I have been having a love affair with stars and quilts lately.  It seems like nearly every quilt on my to do list has stars of some sort on it.  I am a star junky - so I often ask myself why I don't have a patriotic star quilt that I have made hanging up this time of year.

So I made one - a carpenter star quilt out of Prairie Paisley II.  I love it - may be in my top 3 favorite quilts of all time.  Problem is - I haven't quilted it yet.  Alway seem to have a backlog in quilting my own quilts.

So last Sunday I wandered downstairs to check out the sewing room.  About an 1 1/2 hours later I came upstairs with this.


I had seen a table runner similar to this in the latest Potterybarn catalog.  I love this runner but why pay $69 when I can make one myself?  I like the length of the Potterybarn runner and the simplicity of it.  So I may have to make another pass at this little project.  But for an hour or so project I think this turned out pretty cute.


I even managed to quilt it and get the binding sewn on within that short amount of time.  Within the next day or so I had the binding stitched down and had it on display.


The only space in my house that looks festive.  Maybe this weekend I'll get around to the rest of the house!

1 comment:

whit said...

Did you by chance make 2?