Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Christmas Presences in July

I always like to get a jump start on my Christmas projects, but don't always achieve my goal.  I've had this runner quilted and waiting to be bound for probably over a year now....so I jumped the Christmas in July idea and finished it up.

This runner was made out of the patchwork fabric squares from the Christmas Presences line by April Cornell for Moda.  I LOVE this line.  I have a bin full of it still.  I have a big quilt made waiting to be quilted of this patchwork fabric.  The only thing I didn't like about the patchwork fabric is the amazing black and green fabrics that MADE this line are not included in the patchwork.  Seems odd to leave out the most striking fabrics, but I still bought yards of it.


The red in in this line is the perfect red and I love the cream holly berry fabric and the textured fabrics from this line.  How there is plaids, prints and textures all together.


The binding fabric which is red with a darker red polka dot is one of my favorite fabrics from the line.


That was a simple project of quilting and binding that should have NEVER taken me a whole year to complete!  I'm glad its out of my way and ready for my table come December.

No comments: