Thursday, October 31, 2013

Blogger’s Quilt Festival :: Baby Quilts - Out to Sea

Its time for Amy's Bloggers Quilt Festival - I love looking through all the inspiration of everyone who submits a quilt!  I wanted to get in on the fun!

A few months ago a client hired me to make a baby quilt.  She wanted a sea theme - boats, mermaids, seashells etc.  I had been wanting to make something from the Out to Sea line by Sarah Jane and this was the perfect excuse.  


(iphone pic, sorry about the blurry) I had this quilt laying on my floor for a month trying to decide about the placement and how to fit all the pieces together.  


I loved the bigger prints/panels.  The boats, the mermaids and the map had to be a focal point of the quilt.  


Mixed in some patchwork and we had ourselves a quilt.  I was told just yesterday that it was given out and loved by the new owner.  


I used the Waverly pattern for quilting.  This is one of my favorites as I think it has a look of waves and sky and adds great texture.  Especially with this minky backing!




3 comments:

Cheryl said...

So cute, I love love the way you quilted this!

Kat said...

Really cute fabrics and colors! I love it!

CitricSugar said...

How refreshing to see a nautical theme that doesn't use navy and red! Very cute.