Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mrs B Quilt

Last week I attended a funeral for a dear sweet lady Mrs B.  She was a mastermind who helped shape and mold the company I have worked for over the past 16 years.  She was also the mother to a friend of the family.  Instead of sending flowers - my family opted to send a quilt.  I looked through the quilts I had completed and none of them seemed to fit the family - so I decided to start a new project.  Problem was we wanted to have it finished by the viewing - 3 short days away.


I got busy - using the quilt pattern 5 and Dime from All Washed Up I pulled some fabrics from my stash and got sewing.  On the back of this pattern it says "5 minutes to shop, 10 minutes to cut and you're sewing your quilt" -- they ain't lying!  This quilt goes together so fast.  It is an easy pattern, but I think if you pick the right fabrics, you still get a beautiful quilt.  In those 3 days - I actually made two.  The first one I started didn't end up being big enough - but it is beautiful.  I'll show pictures soon.  

I don't think this picture does the fabrics justice.  The line used was one of the Collection for a Cause by Moda and it is very pretty.  Kind of old civil warish looking.  

This is a great pattern to make if you're in a hurry - especially if you have a pretty focal print to use for the sashing.  

I hope our friends wrap themselves up in this quilt and think of Mrs B as if she has her arms around them.  She was truly a great woman and will be missed.

No comments: