Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Halloween - WIP Wednesdays

In our house, we are BIG into Halloween.  The decorations have started popping up earlier and earlier each year - the kids are into costumes and spooky stories.  We try to hit up Disneyland around this time of year - because really what is better than a Mickey's Halloween party?


Back in 2010 I made a Halloween quilt and pillowcase for Jake - (Ok I bought the pillowcase already made).  I also purchased the same fabrics to make Sam one of his own, which never happened back in 2010.

Skip forward 2 years (time flies way to fast!)


This was a Riley Blake Halloween line a few years back.  I thought it was fun with spiderwebs, ghosts, and polka dots.


The backing fabric was cute and whimsically - just perfect for Sam.


Even though the middle squares were sewn together over a year ago - I'm glad I finally got the borders added and it quilted.  I even threw in a little spiderweb in the quilting every few squares. Glad Sam will have his own Halloween quilt this year!

Linking up with WIP Wednesdays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I have a Halloween quilt (OK, 2) in my list of to-do's!