Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bliss Zig Zag

Awhile ago I made this quilt and had it sitting in my "to be quilted" pile for a few months.  I finally got around to quilting it because Marta decided she needed a quilt on her wall in her new cheery office - and this quilt was auditioned and won the part.



I love this quilt.  LOVE this quilt - the fun colors from the Bliss line by Bonnie and Camille - the modern look of the zig zag or chevron style quilt mixed with white.  The polka dot border.  It was one of my favorites from the moment I laid eyes on it through someone else's blog and new I had to have one.  This is my first zig zag and I loved working on it.  I had decided I wanted some clean line quilting for this quilt and thought it would take me forever!  I was so happy with the results and so glad I stuck with the line idea.



I did little lines about an inch apart in the outer border - outlined the inner border - and did a zig zag motion through the zigs and the zags.  I'm so pleased with how it turned out.

I knew if I let this quilt go it would have to go to someone who would appreciate this quilt and love it as much as I did - and Marta is that person.  I was counting the number of quilts and table runners she has at our cousin party in December and I think she may take the prize for most Abby quilts in one location.  So I was happy to let this one go to live with her.  She will take excellent care of it and I can't wait to see it at home on her wall.

Thanks for sending the pictures Mart - can't believe I forgot to take them!

No comments: