Friday, February 1, 2013

February Goals - Lovely Year of Finishes

I have a new found love for the 1st of each month. 
I receive my Anne Bright Club designs at 12:01am and stay up to see them.
The new block pattern for the Open Gates BOM is put up.
And I get to pick a new UFO for as part of A Lovely Year of Finishes
 
Remember my Swoon quilt?  I started it back in August - of 2011...


I have decided to make this Swoon quilt my February finish!  I have 4 blocks done - and 5 to go.  My goal is to complete the quilt - as in sewn, quilted, bound. 

I love this block, love the quilt, love the fabric - its bright and springy and I want it hanging on my quilt rack by March - game on!

I have a few more finished quilts to show you in the next week, some new quilting designs and client quilts, and my 500 blog post - I think I need to have a giveaway!  Stay tuned.

Linking up to:

Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Fridays
Crazy Mom Quilts - Finish up Fridays

and
A Lovely Year of Finishes


11 comments:

a maidenhair fern said...

It was so fun to come across your blog today. I've seen it before. I love your swoon quilt, the colors are different from all the others . . . sweetwater hometown? I'll have to remember, or better yet, pin your quilt (if that's ok), I've hoarded a whole drawer of hometown. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love the blocks.

Darlene said...

Woohoo - can't wait to see this baby finished. Have fun!!!

Sarah Craig said...

Such beautiful Swoon blocks! I can't wait to start mine. Whoop whoop!!

Melia Mae Quilting said...

You have a great start to your swoon quilt and the colors are very very pretty!

Happy Turtle said...

That's very pretty.
All the best!
Carol

Suz J said...

I've done 7 swoon blocks so far... it is a huge achievement. Block 7 was the goal for January! Good luck for wrapping this up during February - remember it is a short month!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

I have Swoon on my list to make one day - your colours are fab!!! You can do it!!

Emma said...

What fun fabrics. I love the colours.

Lynette said...

It's a gorgeous Swoon, too! The reds in it are perfect for a February focus. :)

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

Oh drool. I love your blocks so far. I can't wait to see your finish!