Thursday, February 4, 2010

Challenge On

Saturday night I was sewing together a table topper. Not sure if I wanted to sell it or give it as a gift. Pondering this important thought as I was putting it together. The more I sewed and starred at the fabric the more I fell in love with it. Its not my normal taste. Its new, hip, a little crazy and I'm in love. So in love that I talked my way into some extra cash from Mike to go get more. I packed up the kids and headed to the fabric store just before they were closing to load up.



Blush from Moda. It's beautiful.

But there was a catch.....because Mike feels I have an addiction he was against a) me buying more fabric and b) me using extra money with his consent to do so.

He gave me a challenge. I have to have my purchases sewn together by Sunday. Everything I bought has to be completed by SUNDAY.... So while at the store I was smart with my buying. Precuts that could easily be put together. If I don't complete this task, the money will be docked from my monthly budget come the 15th....So as you can imagine I will stay up all night if needed on Saturday to get my projects completed!

GAME ON. I'll keep you posted and show some pictures of this gorgeous line when I've finished one or two. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

marta said...

i like this idea; mike is a clever one. am sure it's going to be beautiful, deadlines always make the best projects.

Kelly said...

I can't wait to see it! You two are funny! I love a challenge.

whit said...

Good luck!!! Remember your projects always has a home with me. You can totally do this.

Travelin'Oma said...

This fabric is SO cute! Everything you do is so cute. Every comment I make here is "so cute!"