Wednesday, December 12, 2012

WIP Wednesdays -

This quilt has been one of my all time favorite patterns from the Moda Bake Shop.  The pattern is great, the fabric selection was great, it was fun to sew - recipe for a perfect quilt.



I completed the top of this quilt at our first girls Weekend Getaway .  My sister had called this quilt hers, but I had never gotten around to quilting it.  I decided this would be such a fun quilt to have in my home, I took it back.  This line is just too cute, and sadly I only bought fabric to make this one quilt.  (that is so unlike me!)  So I'm keeping it for myself.

I love the star blocks (I'm a sucker for stars) and love the scrappy squares.



I thought Glacee would make a perfect quilt pattern and put this on my list of quilts to get done this year.


The backing fabric I love - almost as much as the top.  


Have yourself a merry little Christmas in black.


Joy Hope and Peace written in big red letters.


And now the snowflakes can be seen so easily on the back of the fabric.  I love how this quilt turned out!  I've got the binding on it (the black polka dot) and hope to have it completed this week.  I love this quilt and I'm so glad I decided to keep it for myself!

Linking up to WIP Wednesdays!

6 comments:

Darlene said...

I finished this very same quilt a few weeks ago and it's favorite of mine. I absolutely love it.

I did manage to make three Countdown to Christmas projects but do wish I had lots more of that fabric.

Melia Mae Quilting said...

I absolutely love this fabric collection from Sweetwater. I just actually purchased some for my house to make different projects with for Christmas next year. Talk about hard to find. Your quilting is excellent. I am still working on getting the hang of pantographs. It really is not as easy as it looks!

Sew Distracted said...

Love it! Going to have to go look up the pattern on Moda Bake Shop.

Patti said...

So gorgeous and love the quilting pattern too!

verpa said...

I like your quilt (must do it - sometimes) and love the snowflake quilting.

CapitolaQuilter said...

the perfect quilt to keep and enjoy each holiday - snow flake quilting is a nice touch. - cute helper too!