Saturday, December 29, 2012

Bubble Play

This was a fun quilt I got to quilt this last month.  We decided on the pattern Bubble Play which I think fit this quilt perfectly.

I have always wanted to quilt circle, but was always afraid I couldn't keep them round - so this was so much fun to watch the machine work! 


I love how the background print had little bubbles in it also.


The back fabric is like a quilt all on its own!  


Even though this pattern is vintage Dick and Jane prints - I love that this pattern works with it and could be thrown on a modern quilt now.  Maybe next time I'll make the bubbles even bigger and give that a try!

Linking up to Whoop Whoop


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt! I have also always wanted to quilt circles. Did you FMQ them or are they drawn? Did you use your walking foot or open toe? Anyway, it's a really fun look- especially with the Dick and Jane too! Andrea

Sarah Craig said...

Very nice quilting! It looks good on that quilt! Whoop whoop!!

grapes and hearts said...

Oh, I love your bubble-quilting! I did that before but it took a looooong time. Next time I will make sure to make bigger circles :o)

Abby said...

Hi Andrea - thanks for your comment. I a longarm Statler Stitcher on my Gammill so it is computerized and I program it and watch it go!