Wednesday, October 31, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Happy Halloween! 
I had a baby shower to attend last week and started this quilt in hopes it could be my gift.  It didn't get completed in time.  But I did finish it up Monday night.  


I have seen chevron quilts all over blogland and have made a couple of my own here and here, but wanted to do something a little different, fun and bright!  I had originally bought these fabrics to make another quilt using this pattern, but have never gotten around to it.  I'm trying to use up my stash so I can continue to add to it (I go in spurts - good for awhile and don't buy a thing, then go wild and buy everything I see.  Do you have that problem?  I'm currently in a wild phase)


I'm trying to decide if I would rather have it going vertical instead of horizontal.  Thoughts?  Its kind of a weird size.  Not a rectangle and not a square....so I'm having a hard time deciding.


I do love the fun polka dots and stripes.  Hope to get this quilted this week.  I think I'm going for a simple all over stipple.  

I also tea dyed my star blocks in this quilt.  I've got the blocks trimmed and ready to put together.  So I hope to have that ready for next week.  Amazing what an hour here and an hour there will get ya.  A finished quilt in a week!

Linking up to WIP Wednesdays


3 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh I love it! Leave it that shape so you can have the zigs go one way or the other! Who cares? Looks great either way! Well done! Might have to try one of those too!

Maggie said...

Such a happy quilt! I agree with Mandy, can you leave it so it can go either way?

marta said...

completely cute, ab!! i love how you worked all these different materials into the chevron. so creative!!