Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall Quilt Festival 2012





I love looking at all the beautiful quilts people have submitted to the Fall Quilt Festival!  I couldn't be left out of the fun.  This quilt hangs in my sewing room on the wall.  I love this block and the fabric collection.  It is one of my favorites to this day!

Fabric is Mistletoe Manor by 3 Sisters for Moda.  
Pattern is from the book Quilting with My Sister and is called New Prairie Flower




Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : 60″x 72″
Quilted by : Pam Smith
Best Category : Throw Size

I made this quilt when I was working at a quilt shop for a store sample.  It was one of the first blocks I made with so many pieces and I was so nervous to have it hanging in the store.  I loved the simple quilting and feel like the block and fabrics really are showcased in this quilt.  I smile every time I glance up at it from my cutting table.  

3 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Lovely! Your piecing looks perfect!

Marika Szabóne said...

Quilting Very nice work :)

Quilting Babcia said...

Love the colors, and love the pattern, your piecing is great! So cheerful, so nice that it is right on the wall to brighten your day.