Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WIP Wednesday

To tea dye or not - that is the question.


The lighting wasn't great when I took this picture - but doesn't the white just stand out!  As I was putting together this quilt (inspired by this quilt) I almost stopped at 5 star blocks to start all over - but decided to keep going.  A friend suggested I tea dye them - so I think that will be my next step.

I also cut enough pieces out to start over - so I think I'm going to make 2 - and use a darker background for the stars, and make them solid stars instead of scrappy.

I have loved putting this quilt together - and can't wait to get it done.  This is a Schnibbles pattern by Miss Rosie.  I have a big version going out of French General.  I have pieced the stars together much faster then I thought on this schnibbles, that I'm not sure why I was so daunted by that task with the big one.  I'll be getting back on that one soon.

In the meantime let me know what you think - tea dye?

Linking up

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



No comments: