Monday, January 25, 2010

Valentine Projects

In an effort to clean out my sewing room (I'm sure there is carpet in there somewhere) I've decided to sew my way through it. I take out a bin of fabric and my goal is to empty it. Once its been emptied I can fill it again with all the fabric that is sitting on the floor....

I tackled my Valentine fabric bin this last month. I've been making table runners, table toppers, a few baby quilts, and pin cushions galore! I'm down to the last few pieces of fabric. But I've cleared the bin (and its already overflowing with new fabric).

I got a great idea here to cut scrap pieces into coins and keep them sewn together for a future quilt. I have done this with my scraps in coins, a bag of strips, a bag of 4 1/2 inch squares, and one with 2 1/2 inch squares. I'll start sewing them when I have a little variety. This way I won't have bins full of scraps that I'll probably never use. I think its a great idea!

I'm kind of into pin cushions right now so I'm using up a lot of the fabric on those. I'll post a picture of them later tonight when I get them on my etsy shop. Here are a few pictures of things I've been working on. To view them all go to my store and see what's for sell.

Strip table runners. I love these. Look great on the kitchen island, kitchen table, or a little side of coffee table.



A baby quilt, or square table topper for the kitchen table.

I love the pinks and reds together. So much fun to have a little pink color around the house this time of year! Now I just need to get my Valentine quilt up on the shelf. That is my goal for tonight. Can't wait to post that quilt. Its my 2nd favorite ever!


4 comments:

marta said...

super uber cute, ab. i love when you post about your sewing projects. keep them coming.

Travelin'Oma said...

This is darling! I need to rummage through your fabrics someday and hire you!

polly said...

you sure get lots done everyday! these are way cute. i'll have to stop by the store someday!

Heidi said...

Way cute. Strip stuff looks doable for me. I totally want to try it.