Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One Month and Counting


Sam is officially one month old this week. This month has gone by so quickly when I think back wondering where the time went, yet my days have seemed really long...does that make sense?

Having a new born in the house again has been tiring yet rewarding. It is so fun to hold him and look at his chubby little face. I have loved watching Jake get use to having a brother. He wakes up in the morning and will ask where Baby Sam is. He touches his fingers and his toes and says how cute he is. He also likes to help me get Sam dressed and change his diaper. He pulls a chair up to the changing table so he can hold his hand. These memories have been priceless and make me smile each and everyday. I can't wait for them to be playmates.

Sam has been a pretty happy baby for the most part. He started out from the first night in the hospital of going 4 - 5 hours between night feedings. (During the day he wants his bottle at 2 hours on the dot!) He loves to take baths. As soon as he hears the water running it calms him down if he's fussy. He gets into the water and is so content and happy. I can't wait for this summer to get him into the pool. I think I have another water baby on my hands!

Although having a baby that cries and wakes up at night has changed our lives dramatically, I wouldn't change it for the world. When I'm rocking him at 4am, he'll look up at me with those big eyes and give me a little smile. It makes it all worth while.

No comments: