Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tumbler Topper

I finished my first tumbler quilt out of Lucy's Crab Shack by Sweetwater.  I loved the plaid border I used in this line.  It is what made me go out and get all the charm packs.  

I wanted a table topper for my game table downstairs, or my island in the kitchen.  I can't decide - I may have to make another one.


I did some straight line quilting around all the blocks and a plaid zig zag thing in the border.  I can't believe this little topper took me an hour or so, but I like how it turned out.  

 

I love that I've changed up my normal block quilt with a tumbler block.  Its still as easy an quick, but gives me a different look.  

I bought a mini charm pack (or 4) of Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille.  I think that will be my next tumbler quilt.  How could would a mini one be????

No comments: