Thursday, August 16, 2012

Baseball Quilt #2

Not sure if you remember, but I made two of these quilts.  Quilt number one I kept for my little family in hopes that one day I'll be sitting on it watching my boys play the game.


This quilt I made with my brother and his boys in mind.  My brother James and Becky have 4 boys that  all play baseball.  My brother has even started up his own league in Philly where they live.


They are big timers.  So what better quilt for that family then one filled with baseballs?


I pushed myself to get it completed while they were in town this last few weeks.  It was fun to be able to give it to my brother in person, who immediately wrapped himself in it and told me how cool it was.
I love giving a quilt to people when they realize the fabrics and quilt were picked just for them.


He even liked the backing which was most of my leftovers.


We had so much fun with these guys this trip - wish they lived closer so we could hang out more often. Not sure Mike feels the same from this picture - but James sure loves him.

2 comments:

Polly said...

your talent is amazing, but the thought that goes into each quilt is what makes them priceless. each one is made with love for the person you are giving it to. something done with great love. I'm glad you are here to give quilts to loved ones like grandma b. did.

Polly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.