Monday, February 6, 2012

Menu Mondays

I went to the Dr a  few weeks back....had to stand on the scale - why do they really need to know your weight?  I've decided to make some small goals for myself in hopes that I can feel almost comfortable wearing a swimsuit again on my next vacation....

8 pounds this month - starting today - you think I can do it?  I'm going to do it!  I'm going to watch my portions, drink lots of water, eat lots of fruit and salads and chicken and see what happens.  Oh yea - and I got my butt out of bed this morning and worked out!

I am not one for diets - the second I tell myself I can't eat something that is the only thing I can think about.  So I still want to make some fun food items each week - they may not be the healtiest, but I'm going to go for portion control.  Even making them with the idea of portions in mind. 

Monday - leftovers from the party yesterday - Turkey meatballs, and this w/fruit salad
Tuesday - Taco Cupcakes
Wednesday - Grilled Chicken and salad and fruit (potatoes for the kids)
Thursday - Shrimp Pasta
Friday - Chicken and Orzo
Saturday - German Pancakes w/fruit

I'm starving!  First few days are always the hardest - right!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I have a few pounds I'd like to lose as well and I'm not really a "dieter" either. I'm like you, I"d rather make changes for the better, which will be more of a long term thing.
So good luck to you in your endeavor to feel good in a swimsuit!