Sunday, February 5, 2012

Going Coastal Finish


I am so happy to say my 10th quilt of 2012 is completed! I love how this quilt turned out. I am a beach girl at heart so these fabrics speak to me.


I practiced my straight line quilting (which needs a lot more practice) and I'm ok with how the quilting turned out. I think once its been washed it will puff the blocks a little and I'll like it more.


The backing bottle cap tops may be as cute as the front. I just wish I had the beach house to throw this quilt in now! I think I'll be throwing it over a rocking chair or couch outside this summer to add to the beachy feel I want to create on my patio. We shall see.

I am so excited this is my 10th finish and its just barely February! I realize all my projects so far of have been table runners and baby quilts - but still - I'm on a roll and I hope it doesn't slow down!

No comments: