Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's Fall Y'All

When August starts to wind down and the kids are getting ready to go back to school (sniff - Jake is going to preschool this year!)  I get excited for fall.


This weekend I started cleaning out my sewing room and pulled out all my fall fabrics.  Needless to say it is now a bigger mess than when I started because it looks like fall exploded in my room!

I have started a new quilting process of cutting out multiple quilts so I have projects available and ready when I have time to sew.  So far I have a few projects cut, and only a little sewing done.  BUT - its progress.

Two runners I finished up last night.  Just need to quilt and bind.  I've decided if I'm going to make a few of the same pattern - might as well cut and sew at the same time - so I'll be whipping a few similar items out.  Trying to get some of my stash cleared up!  Both of the fabrics used in these runners are a few years old.  Makes me feel good when I can get something cute done without having to spend a dime!

Happy Fall!